Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Do You Ever Feel Like A Plastic Bag?


But where am I journeying to?
Whilst off for my Easter Break from Uni (which is more than welcome) I've spent more time doing nothing all day(reading, watching and writing things). Than actually going out and meeting friends. Basically I'm in hibernation mode. This suits me fine. Within the next few days I'm going to get out of this mode and start Uni work, work that I know will be constant until the end of the next semester so in fact this break is needed.

This break from work and subsequently an increase general lazing about, doing not very much has made me stop and think. I'm at a time in my life when things are moving very quickly. This year, since September has absolutely flown in and soon I'll be saying goodbye to my hall mates and another chapter in my life will be over.

The long period of summer has made me want to both search for a a full time job to gain work experience for my future career. I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I know I want to write;I don't know what,  but writing is very close to my heart. Although, I feel, for the time being getting a job in administration will benefit me the most.  I'm sure there are many at my age of 19 and older in the same position as me. I've been in full time education my whole life so getting work experience in an administration job is almost impossible. Everywhere I look is looking for experience, experience I just don't have because of my age. Its a horrible cycle. I wonder how I will get work when I finish my degree because of this lack of experience. Sigh.

I guess I'm just in one of those phases in life where I don't know where I'm going and I'm just floating about the place much like a plastic bag with no real direction.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason. All I can really do at the minute is do my Uni work, apply for things anyway (even though its hard to find opportunities out there) and hope for the best at the end of it.

2 comments:

  1. Im feeling the exact same way. My exams are next week and Im shitting it. After them, I honestly dunno what I'll do xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much to do and so little time xx

      Delete

Thanks you for your comment. It makes my day :)